ELEVATE your members' workout experience with the Encompass, a functional training system that provides a full body workout in one easy-to-use machine.
Users work multiple muscle groups together for a complete workout that challenges proprioception and core stabilizers by integrating multi-plane movement and unrestricted range of motion in nearly every exercise.
The ELEVATE Encompass works on an incline, relying on body weight resistance, strengthening the way the body executes daily physical activities. The ELEVATE Encompass works with GRAVITY programing for a full class workout.
Benefits for the individual exerciser:
Training applications and biomechanics:
- Adjustable glideboard promotes optimal spinal alignment during transverse movements and allows for new additional training variations.
- Automatic rail locks allow for explosive plyometric jumping.
- Hydraulic rail lift assists level changes and easy two-step folding.
- Multiple center-pulley attachment points double arm-cable load and increase lower extremity range of motion.
- Retractable Dip Bars included as standard
- LAT bars promote line-of-pull specificity for arm-cable exercises.
- Includes workout DVD.
- More than 250 exercises and variations from resistance training to Pilates.
- Resistance—1% to 62% of bodyweight.
- Tubing: 1.7" x 3.2" Aluminum Extrusion (4.4cm x 8.1cm)
- This ower Construction: Tower is all reinforced steel, silver powder coating with internal level locking mechanism
- User Weight: Rated to 350 lbs. body weight. (159 kg)
- Maximum Load Capacity: 650 lbs. (295 kg) Inclusive of glideboard
- User Height Limit: 6' 5" (2.0 meters)
- Glideboard: 16" x 48" (41 cm x 122 cm). 7 position Adjustable angles
- Rollers: Better Sealed precision ball bearings
- Pulleys: ABS plastic protective shield over a steel frame, Nylon roller with precision ball bearings
- Cables: 2000 lb. test (907.2 kg) nylon 12 coated steel aircraft cable
- Handles: Soft synthetic rubber Padded Handles with ABS swivel handle and nylon webbing for hammer grip action
- Unfolded: 107” x 38” x 69” [L/W/H] (2.4 m x 1.0 m x 1.8 m)
- Folded: 20” x 38” x 56” [L/W/H] (.5 m x 1.0 m x 1.4 m)
- Frame & Rail Construction: Anodized Aluminum Rails with all connections reinforce by steel or forged aluminum
- Unit Weight: 180 lbs (82 Kg)
- Electrical: N/A
- Board Upholstery: Glideboard - Heavy duty, Two tone design, box stitched, tear resistant vinyl
- Foam Padding: 1 1/2" (4 cm) high rebound, high density foam.
- Resistance Levels: 22 calibrated incline levels, with release lever to lock rails into place. 1% - 62% bodyweight
- Storage Capabilities: Hydraulic lift assists folding. Folds and stores upright. Rolls in hand-truck fashion.
- Included Equipment: 7 position Adjustable Glideboard; Dynamic [unilateral/bilateral] Pulley System; Multi-point pulley attachment to tower; soft grip LAT Bars with 7 pulley positions; Folding Foot Holder; Telescoping Squat Stand with 3 height positions and folding platform
- Rolling Range: 40" ( 1.0 meters)
Warranties & Shipping
- Commercial Warranty
- Frame- 5 years
- Parts & Upholstery- 1 year
- Foam & Rubber- 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary. Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping: Weight: 265 lbs (including pallet)
- Shipping Size: 60" x 30" x 25" (including pallet)
How is the Encompass implemented in gyms?
As a functional piece of equipment that enables the user to perform over 250 different exercises, the award winning Encompass is a complete workout machine delivering a full body workout. The Encompass can also be used in group class settings. For more information on GRAVITY, our training and education program for instructors of group classes, please visit gravitystudio.com
How many exercises can you perform on this machine?
You can perform over 250 exercises and variations. Here’s a link to our wide range of exercises.
"I am obsessed with this machine. I'm on it every day- I teach classes 5 or 6 times a week and I do my own workouts on it."- Allison P. Group Fitness Instructor.
"I got the Encompass yesterday. Put it together last night. Worked out this morning. This model is worth every penny. The quality is fantastic. I like the engineering touches - no banging pull up bar with glide bench when you do squats, everything was well thought out. Really, really nice. I am very happy."- Doug, Phoenix, AZ
"We love GRAVITY. The best revenue generator at my club!" - Vander Schmatz, Horsham Athletic Club
"I like how versatile the Total Gym Encompass is. I enjoy teaching and participating in group workouts on the Total Gym Encompass because it’s an engaging piece of equipment, and the group makes it more fun. I think participants are surprised how effective and challenging the Encompass is. The Total Gym Encompass gives our participants, that wouldn’t participate in strength or resistance training on their own, a great option to do so in a supervised group setting. Participants with different fitness levels can use it as a group because there are options for progressions/regressions and ability to increase/decrease tower height for resistance. I believe that by having the Encompass machines we are making an impact on our student staff - it’s giving them a great option to train and teach in. They are able to provide a new element to their programming." - Auburn University Trainer
"We love Total Gym! I have 5 Encompass units in my clinic and the GRAVITY program has helped a ton of patients be fit and lose weight. It keeps them connected to our practice and adds a great option for our business."- David Browser, TexPTs
"The Encompass allows participants to work at their own fitness level together in a larger group, so as an instructor, you can maximize the use of the machines by teaching in larger groups. The group dynamic is fun and inviting for women who do not want to strength train, but men are humbled when they use the machine for the first time and find out how challenging the group workout can be."- Auburn University Trainer
"We love our Total Gym Encompass. We use it for all levels of patients and exercise class participants. Our ‘boot camp’ exercisers get a great workout and love progressing the difficulty of their jump drills."- Eddie Benner, Advanced Rehabilitation & Health Specialists
"We have Total Gyms in all of our clinics. Big fans of the Total Gym [Encompass]. We use it for most of our patients. Very patient friendly."- Americo Rodrigues, Integrated Rehab
"I love Encompass and GRAVITY - our members say it changes their bodies: stronger, leaner and it's all fun. We recouped the cost of our ENCOMPASS's in 6 months with our small group training."- Michele Melkerson, BB Fitness Studios
Plyo Squat (Alternating Single Leg)
Plyo Pull-Up with Grip Change
Overhead Shoulder Press