The Recovery Series LEX™ (Lower EX-tremity) allows for faster lower extremity recovery, from post-surgery to explosive training, in a safe and progressive manner. Users work with a percentage of their own bodyweight to perform a squat or a jump, leveraging both linear bodyweight resistance and variable band resistance.
The RS LEX™ supports the spine during traditional squat exercises to comfortably control the descending and ascending phases of a squat or jump, while providing an opportunity for advanced variations including, single-leg squats and staggered stance squats.
Item #: 5900-03
Benefits for the individual exerciser:
- Designed for intuitive use and success in performing squats and squat jump exercises
- Increases explosive power and joint flexibility
- Increases vertical jump
- Provides both concentric and eccentric muscle contractions
- Strengthens all the muscles of the lower body
- Allows for plyometric, jumping movements which provide a cardio workout
- Ability to perform multiple squat variations
- Enhanced functional performance of daily activities and increased athleticism
- Exercises can be progressed or regressed to accommodate all fitness levels
- Eccentric loading trains muscles/tendons to efficiently store and recover energy during jump exercise movements
- Eccentric contractions results in a protective adaptation in the muscles, protecting them from damage.
Training applications and biomechanics:
- Closed-chain partial loading of the joints
- Platform provides option for multiple foot positions
- Provides both concentric and eccentric loading
- Ability to adjust range of motion
- Option to train using only bodyweight
- Option to add band variable resistance for increased eccentric force
- Reliable tool for assessing lower body strength.
- Adjustable incline design allows for partial bodyweight squats
- Offers both linear bodyweight resistance and band variable resistance
- Four latex resistance bands allow for an additional 10-70 lbs resistance in 10lb increments
- Steel and aluminum construction provides long-lasting durability
- Includes link to exercise library with additional and advanced exercise options
- Pneumatic brake reduces airborne height which reduces landing impact to protect joints
- Mount/Dismount lock ensures users begin exercise from a safe and comfortable position
- Slide Distance Regulator provides ability to adjust range of motion
- Specially designed curved platform follows anatomic curve of hip to foot ratio ensuring proper biomechanics throughout plyometric movements
- Glideboard Range of Motion: 38 in [97 cm]
- In Use: Size: 104" x 33" x 68" [L/W/H] (2.6m x .8m 1.7m)
- Floor Space (area): 22 Square Feet [2.0 Square Meter]
- Maximum user weight capacity of 400 lbs [180 Kg]
- Frame & Rail Construction: Steel with steel reinforced extruded aluminum rails
- Unit Weight: 230 lbs [105 Kg]
- Glideboard: Vinyl Upholstery
- Rollers: Sealed precision ball bearings
Warranties & Shipping
- Commercial Warranty:
- Frame - 5 years
- Moving Parts (rollers) - 1 year
- Upholstery and foam handles - 90 days
- Warranties outside the US may vary. Contact your local authorized distributor for details.
- Shipping weight: 325 lbs (including pallet)
- Shipping Size: 78" x 29" x 22" (including pallet)
Introducing the Total Gym Jump Trainer: Plyometric Training
Total Gym Jump Trainer Demo
Total Gym Jump Trainer Product Overview: Physical Therapy
GREAT FOR TRAINING OR INJURY
I use the [RS-LEX] Jump Trainer daily in my training for seniors and kids. The seniors really appreciate. It's real life training for people who can't do squats or have knee damage. It's a great way to work the legs out in a reality-based functional training way.
Members love the equipment - the [RS-LEX] Jump Trainer is probably the most popular of the pieces that we've seen so far.... everybody I've shown it to has come back and used it over and over again.� It becomes their go-to-piece of equipment
Using the [RS-LEX]Jump Trainer is much smoother than other equipment and more versatile.
PATIENTS LOVE IT
Patients love that they can do squats on the equipment when they can't perform them on their own.
AN INVALUABLE RESOURCE
The [RS-LEX] Jump Trainer is an invaluable resource for ACL jump training that's helped many athletes get back to sports quickly.